Thursday, October 23, 2014

Deepavali (Festival of lights) Wishes and Vignettes from Rangkatha...


Deepavali( Diwali ) for me , is all about family, friends, food, fun, and of course fireworks... All this happening in Fall (Autumn) is what makes it even more special!

I agree that this post could have arrived a bit early. But I have been busy basking in the celebrations of our new home.. Yes! we have moved during this Navratri and that kept me been crazy busy...! More details on this later...

Today I am exclusively here to wish my dear readers a Very Happy and Safe Deepavali... and of course to share some Diwali Vignettes from my home....

I am all geared up to celebrate my first Diwali in my new home .....

Here I would like to share my pieces of elements that is going to bright up my Diwali Décor this year.. and hopefully yours too..


1) Flaunt your art... Get creative this Diwali.....

Clay diyas are an inexpensive way to light up your Diwali. But if you have some time and patience then these clay diyas can turn into glam in just no time.. Art enthusiastic at my home love to keep themselves busy..... This not only gives you a sense of satisfaction but also is one of the best ways to bring kids into the mood of festivity, especially when Diwali is not a public holiday where we live...

You might find numerous varieties of decorated Diyas in the market but one that you have painted and decorated yourself adds different kick to the whole affair... what do you say???

2) Bringing outside in...

As many of you might know I am a person who likes to live in my garden and sleep in the house. So it goes without saying that Diwali falling during my all time favourite season of the year .. Fall (Autumn), is the perfect reason and season to incorporate nature's creative colors of this season into my décor pallette.



3) Featuring Flowers...
Well.. well.. how can you have a festive environment without flaunting flowers.. isn't it?? So let's get crazy and creative with flowers..


4) Rangoli..

As important of an element flowers are to my festive décor, so is Rangoli.. I cannot call my décor complete without Rangoli of some kind. But if its a curated combination of diyas, flowers and rangoli then there is nothing to beat that combo!


5) Incorporate your favourite collectables in your decor..

My treasures are my collectables I have collected over years during my travels around the globe. Out of all, terracotta collectables are always very close to my heart. Any place I travel I make sure that I bring at least one native terracotta treasure home. Besides the pottery I make, I have a huge terracotta collection that I take pride in. Some vignettes with my collectables this Diwali...






This is going to be my first Diwali in our new home... so wish me best and light up your Diwali with love and affection!!

Yet again.. Rangkatha wishes its readers a Very Happy Deepavali !

(Pictures: Subject to copyright. All pictures are taken by me, are from my home, featuring my family members. Please do not copy them.)



~Prasanna

8 comments:

  1. Wish you and your family many more de'light'ful Diwalis in you gorgeous new home Prasanna. Colouring the diyas with your family must have been such fun...that to me is the essence of a festival- a time to share and create. Thank you for sharing your new home. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet Arti! You are so right... essence of festival is being able to spend quality time together and share and create with family. Thank you so much for your lovely wishes... :) Hope u had fulfilling Diwali..

      Delete
  2. You have good artistic talent and due to this reason you decorated the house in a beautiful and colourful way which gave more energy to your home.

    Happy Diwali to you, to your family members and friends. Best wishes for your efforts. I like your blog and now join as a member to your blog.

    Please look into my Lamps of India message and Rangoli designs (muggulu) messages which i shared in my Heritage of India blog and share your comments to these 2 posts.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/09/lamps-of-india.html

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2014/01/rangoli-muggu.html

    I hope you like my blog and join as a member to my Heritage of India blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to RangKatha, Srinivasu! Thank you for stopping by and really appreciate your kind words! You do have an amazing blog, have loved reading the details you have put in each of the posts..

      Delete
  3. I know its way past Diwali :) but just catching up on several blog posts now. Great ideas, and the best part is you did them all. Must have looked beautifully festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much, there is never too late in catching up:) Lovely seeing you here Ambika, welcome to RangKatha!

      Delete
  4. Oh my.... GLORIOUS pictures!!! I so love your photography. The lights, the decor and everything, so lovely. I hope you won;t mind me pinning some of these in my Diwali 2015 Pinterest board. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Prasad for your comments and Welcome to Rangkatha!
      Yes, please feel free to pin them to you board.

      Delete